What Does An HR Consultant Do?
An HR consultant is an external expert in human resources management. They provide human capital guidance and advice to a variety of companies (Betterteam).
HR consultants are responsible for helping companies implement policies that ensure the proper hiring practices, employee benefits, training programs, performance reviews, compensation plans, and much more.
HR consultants help streamline the internal operations and efficiencies of a small business, while also ensuring the company is compliant with employment laws and regulations.
What Services Can HR Consultants Provide?
There's a wide range of HR consulting services for small businesses, and each consultant will offer differing services. Some may focus on specific areas such as recruiting or payroll processing. Others may offer comprehensive solutions that cover all aspects of human resources administration.
Here are just a few examples of the most common HR consulting services:
- Talent Management - An HR consultant will find ways to simplify, improve, and expedite your recruiting and onboarding processes.
- Compensation and Benefits - Your consultant will evaluate all aspects of your compensation and benefits structure. They will then identify opportunities for improvement that will benefit your employee retention.
- Employee Learning and Development - Your workers are critical to your organization. That's why your HR consultant can help develop and implement training and learning activities that will improve the performance of your employees.
- Legal Compliance - Employment laws change every year, and it can be tough to make sure you're staying on top of those changes. An HR consultant will help ensure your business is compliant with current and future workplace regulations.
How Your Small Business Benefits From HR Consulting Services
As the SHRM reports, 54% of small business owners handle their HR responsibilities on their own. However, many small business owners quickly realize that it's better to devote their time to other pressing business tasks, like sales or technology. And many small businesses often lack the expertise needed to successfully run their HR departments.
When you hire an experienced HR consultant, you gain access to valuable skill sets and industry knowledge that will greatly benefit your organization. Here are just a few of the ways that your business will benefit from an HR consulting firm:
- Save time and money on employee recruitment and onboarding
- Improve your company culture to retain more employees for a longer period
- Avoid costly lawsuits and legal judgments
- Streamline internal processes and procedures to reduce waste and redundancies
- And more
The CourtSide® Approach To Small Business HR Consulting
At CourtSide® Consulting, we take a unique approach to HR consulting for small businesses. Our experienced HR veterans will work closely with you to promote better communications throughout your company, simplify your HR processes, and build a shared vision for your employee expectations. And we accomplish these goals with our personalized HR Systems Buildout services.
With these custom services, we'll support your small business in numerous ways by:
- Developing a highly effective hiring process
- Creating a reliable and engaging performance evaluation process
- Boosting your staff with a supportive coaching and discipline process
- Streamlining terminations
- Drafting custom employee handbooks for your organization
- Training your staff on the new and improved HR processes and company best practices
In addition, we will round out your consulting experience with 6 months of on-demand HR support with our experienced pros. What could be better than that?
Learn More About Our Small Business HR Consulting Services
Are you interested in leveraging an HR consultancy for your business? If so, you've come to the right place.
At CourtSide® Consulting, we will upgrade your organization with practical and customized HR solutions and strategies. We'll identify opportunities to reduce waste, improve efficiencies, and boost employee morale that will lead to a more productive workforce.
Contact CourtSide® Consulting today to learn more about our small business HR consulting services.